Establishing a truly effective B2B marketing plan can be challenging in today’s rapidly evolving digital landscape. There are many components to an effective digital lead generation strategy, and since buying habits can change quickly, and with technologies quick to advance, how can a growing manufacturer get started?Read More »
The packaging industry is expected to continue growing through the new year. In early October 2020, we reported the following major sourcing KPIs for packaging materials seeing a YoY increase vs. 2019:
- The number of sourcing sessions for packaging materials has grown by 25%
- The number of RFIs submitted directly to suppliers through Thomasnet.com grew 140%
- The number of supplier evaluations taking place on the Thomasnet.com company profiles of packaging material suppliers grew by 55%
Here are some ways to ensure your packaging company’s growth plans remain on track.Read More »
If you're an OEM, industrial distributor, or custom manufacturer, these statements might sound pretty familiar:
- "We need to talk to prospects in order to qualify them."
- "Too much information on my site would give my competitors an advantage."
- "We get all of our new business from word-of-mouth."
- "A new website won't help me get new business because my current website doesn't, either."
It's understandable — it's not easy doing what you do. But if you want to start bringing in more new customers, you may want to rethink your approach. That's because more of your buyers and competitors are doing business digitally. Supplementing your traditional growth methods with an updated website, online presence, and inbound marketing strategy helps out when cold calls and word-of-mouth fall short.Read More »
Like macaroni and cheese or a song and a dance, some things work better together — even marketing and sales. Without alignment, it hurts your business across the board, and it doesn't just hit one of your departments. A study from Forrester found that 43% of CEOs believed that misalignment had cost them sales. Furthermore, according to Forrester Research, companies that take the time to properly engage and nurture leads improve their sales outreach at a rate of 50% while spending 33% less.Read More »
Every once in a while, we come across a website that engages us and keeps us scrolling through pages. Whether it’s the design aesthetic, the functionality, or the value of the content, each website has the power to captivate and, when done right — convert those website visitors into customers.Read More »
More marketers are investing in videos to share customer success stories, promote products or services, and increase their brand — most importantly, videos help sell. According to HubSpot’s 2020 Not Another State Of Marketing Report, video is the #1 form of media used in content strategy today. Here are some other fast facts:
- Video marketers get 66% more qualified annual leads
- Video marketing efforts can achieve a 54% increase in brand awareness
- Marketers that use video content grow revenue 49% faster than those who don’t
With a company profile video, manufacturers can simply engage more buyers and turn them into customers.Read More »
To help the manufacturing industry be appropriately equipped for change, we launched Thomas Industrial Data earlier this year.
Our sourcing activity data coupled with our Thomas Industrial Survey results, reveals interesting insights with North American suppliers shifting their businesses to meet the new normal.
- 55% of survey participants being likely to very likely to invest in Production Performance Automation in the next 12 months
- 69% of companies across the manufacturing and industrial sectors are likely to bring manufacturing production and sourcing back to North America
- 12% increase in website usage by manufacturers and industrial companies to connect with more buyers and customers
You’ve worked hard to build an online presence but now, as you’re trying to increase the quality of traffic to your website, you keep coming across the term “backlink.” Raise your hand if you’ve tried to ignore the term, what it means for your website, and focused on other SEO traffic-building tactics.
No shame! Some of the best marketers have been there before.Read More »
Many manufacturers are experiencing changes in demand, slow down, or a spike in services. For the industrial cleaning services sector, there are opportunities to set themselves apart from competitors. Here are some business best practices industrial cleaning services and manufacturers can adopt to deliver a better customer experience and grow their company.Read More »