The landscape of American manufacturing has experienced its fair share of ups and downs over the past several hundred years, from the development of the first interchangeable parts in 1801 to the first moving assembly line in 1913, and from the discovery of lean manufacturing principles in the 1930s to the offshoring trend that began in the 1970s.
Manufacturing has played a tremendous role in shaping the U.S. economy and employment opportunities for American workers. Fortunately, the current state of U.S. manufacturing appears more promising than ever, and we’ve got the numbers to prove it.
For instance, U.S. manufacturing has become a huge provider of jobs within the small business network, meaning small local economies get a boost as well as the greater national economy. Manufacturing in the U.S. also has the highest multiplier effect of any sector. In other words, manufacturing is absolutely where America needs to be investing its dollars and its workers, since we get a higher ROI by investing in manufacturing than we do in any other American sector.
Check out the infographic below to learn more about these and other inspiring U.S. manufacturing statistics.
More U.S. Manufacturing Facts
Thousands of industrial and B2B buyers use Thomasnet.com to source for their business needs — when it comes to manufacturing in the U.S., American companies (like these!) know there's no comparison. Here are a few other bonus facts about manufacturing in the U.S. and sourcing:
- CNC machining is a category that has been ranking at the top of the list for searches across the Thomasnet.com platform.
- Searches for lithium-ion batteries grew 103% year over year (Click here to discover which buyers are leading sourcing surges)
- With renewable energy on the rise, sourcing for wind turbines grew 122% over 2018
- B2B buyers are increasingly turning to business listing platforms. 93% of the Fortune 1000 has buyers using Thomasnet.com to source new suppliers.
For more sourcing data and information to grow your U.S. manufacturing business, check out our Resources page for the latest B2B insights and marketing and sales best practices or visit the following industry-focused pages to learn what's been powering its growth:
- Opportunities For Manufacturers In Solar Energy Equipment
- 3D Printing And Additive Manufacturing Challenges And Opportunities
- Opportunities For Lithium-Ion Battery Manufacturers
- Challenges And Opportunities In Private Labeling
- Buying Activity For Packaging Materials
- Challenges And Opportunities In Medical Device Manufacturing
- Challenges And Opportunities In Cannabis Industry
- How To Grow Your Steel And Metals Company
- Challenges And Opportunities In The Food And Beverage Industry
- How To Grow Your Textiles Manufacturing Company
- 11 Tips For Growing Your CNC Machining Business
- How To Increase Sales For Your CNC Machine Shop
- How Can Private Label Manufacturers Increase Sales
- Challenges And Opportunities In The Aerospace Industry
Are you a manufacturer in any of these industries? Be one step ahead of competitors with a free listing on Thomasnet.com where you can connect with buyers from various industries and geographies and help them get their jobs done.
Infographic courtesy of MP Star Financial.
Did you find this useful?